Asbury Park Family Day
Looking to help the Jersey Shore Chapter of the Surfrider Foundation? Volunteers are greatly needed at this event. See event schedule below to see what you could do to help.
Come out on Asbury Park Family Day at the Beach to help teach kids from the Asbury Park area how to surf. We need surf instructors and volunteers to help with beach games and making sure we have a fun beach day!
Day-of Schedule for Volunteers:
10:30am – Set Up
Questions: Call Diana at 917-847-5542.
(Rain date is Sunday, 6 August.)
11:30am-12:15pm – Registration
• Waiver forms and wrist bands
• Coordinate the arrival and departure of vans
1:30-3:30pm – Activities
• Surf lessons – Bring any soft top boards for use with lessons, help give surf lessons, instruction & assisting
• Beach games, educational scavenger hunt
2:30 – Lunch
• Ask local restaurants for donations, or buy supplies/get donations for food if we decide to make ourselves (no plastic utensils, cups, etc)
• Pick-up the food from restaurants
• Set up the food on the beach before lunch
• Clear up the food after lunch
4:30-5:00pm – Beach Sweep
5:00pm – Van pick up, breakdown, surf and/or drink!!!