Simply put, plastic pollution is a killer. Checkout bags from the grocery store, foam foodware, single-use water bottles, cigarette butts and other plastics are are responsible for everything from ugly litter to the death of wildlife.
There are many things you can do to reduce your plastic footprint. Below are a few, please visit RISE ABOVE PLASTICS to learn more.
SIMPLE THINGS YOU CAN DO
- Stop using single-use plastic water bottles. In nearly all cases, the water out of your tap is just as safe – if not safer – than the water distributed in single-use plastic bottles. Instead, buy and use a reusable bottle and fill it with water.
- Buy your music/movies electronically. By purchasing electronically, you avoid the need to create plastic compact discs, plastic cases, and cellophane wrapping.
- Stop using plastic grocery bags. Each year, over one trillion plastic bags are used worldwide. Because these bags are so light and thin, they are easily carried by the wind out into the environment. Instead, use reusable bags to get your groceries and other purchases home.
- Reusable containers are rad! When it comes to lunch and leftovers, ditch the plastic bag and use reusable containers instead. Reusable containers are just as easy to use and far less harmful to the planet.
- Recycle! In instances where you must use plastic, please make sure to recycle it.
If you’d like to help support the Jersey Shore Chapter’s efforts to encourage the Garden State to Rise Above Plastics please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
[catlist name= rise-above-plastics content=no thumbnails=yes]
Learn More about RAP