This past June, Transco Williams was denied permits to move forward with a new 23.4-mile, 26-inch diameter pipeline that would cross Raritan Bay from Old Bridge, NJ. to Rockaway Point NY. This proposed pipeline is an unavailing and harmful expense that will have devastating impacts on water quality, habitat, and wildlife in New Jersey. Both shore and offshore areas along the pipeline route are used vastly by the public as recreational areas that contribute to our quality of life. We should be working towards lessening our dependence on fossil fuels and moving towards a more sustainable, greener future. The Surfrider Foundation’s Jersey Shore Chapter continues to stand firmly against this pipeline and asks Governor Murphy and the NJDEP to do the same.
Deadline for public comment regarding the pipeline is Friday, August 23rd. Over the next week we are asking everyone to send your comments to the NJDEP and explain to them why this pipeline is so detrimental. To do so, we’ve created sample letters you can copy and paste to send via email. See below for instructions!
- Open one of the three sample letters attached. (Your Choice!)
- Copy the entire context of the letter
- Open your favored email platform and compose a new email
- In the subject line type “Stop NESE”
- Paste the context of the letter into the body of the email
- Personalize the email by adding your name after “Sincerely” at the bottom of the letter
- Copy and paste these emails into “To” : Stephen.Olivera@dep.nj.gov ; Joslin.Tamagno@dep.nj.gov
- Copy and paste these emails into “Cc” : Commissioner@dep.nj.gov ; Ruth.Foster@dep.nj.gov ; Christopher.Jones@dep.nj.gov ; Diane.Dow@dep.nj.gov ; Ginger.Kopkash@dep.nj.gov ; Constituent.email@example.com
- Click SEND!
Your help is crucial in helping the Surfrider Foundation and many other organizations stop this pipeline once and for all! See below for sample letters.