Surfrider Foundation: Jersey Shore Chapter would like to welcome and thank Cavé Bistro in Avon for becoming our newest Ocean Friendly Restaurant!
Cavé Bistro offers a seasonal, farm-to-table gluten free menu of healthy dishes made from scratch by Chef Doug Stehle, served in an intimate, casual bistro space. They use grassfed meats, pasture-raised poultry, wild game and a variety of seafood, vegetables, fruits, nuts and produce. All foods are carefully sourced from local and regional farms, fisheries and other specialty purveyors who have the highest standards for quality and handling. Chef Doug follows the simple philosophy to eat like our ancestors did, only better!
Cavé Bistro is located at 515 Sylvania Avenue in Avon, New Jersey.
To become an Ocean Friendly Restaurant, you must meet these five criteria:
1. No expanded polystyrene use (aka Styrofoam).
2. Proper recycling practices are followed.
3. Only reusable tableware is used for onsite dining, and disposable utensils for takeout food are provided only upon request.
4. No plastic bags offered for takeout or to-go orders.
5. Plastic straws are provided only upon request.
And choose a minimum of two of these criteria:
6. No beverages sold in plastic bottles.
7. Discount is offered for customers with reusable cup, mug, bag, etc.
8. Vegetarian/vegan food options are offered on a regular basis; and / or all seafood must be a ‘Best Choice’ or ‘Good Alternative’ as defined by Seafood Watch or certified as sustainable.
9. Water conservation efforts, such as low-flow faucets and toilets, are implemented.
10. Energy efficiency efforts such as LED lighting and Energy Star appliances, are in place.