Surfrider Foundation: Jersey Shore Chapter is looking for volunteers to help with its 11th Annual Family Day for families in Asbury Park on Saturday, August 5.
We’re looking for volunteers for
* organizing and running beach games
* setting up the event and breaking it down
* driving families from set points in Asbury Park to the beach
* registering participants
* arranging food donations beforehand and putting it out at the event
* cleaning up the beach at the end of the day
Thanks so much for your help to run this great day!
Questions: Call Diana at 917-847-5542.
(Rain date is Sunday, 6 August.)
Day-of Schedule for Volunteers:
10:30am – Set Up
11:30am-12:15pm – Registration
• Waiver forms and wrist bands
• Coordinate the arrival and departure of vans
1:30-3:30pm – Activities
• Surf lessons – Bring any soft top boards for use with lessons, help give surf lessons, instruction & assisting
• Beach games, educational scavenger hunt
2:30 – Lunch
• Ask local restaurants for donations, or buy supplies/get donations for food if we decide to make ourselves (no plastic utensils, cups, etc)
• Pick-up the food from restaurants
• Set up the food on the beach before lunch
• Clear up the food after lunch
4:30-5:00pm – Beach Sweep
5:00pm – Van pick up, breakdown, surf and/or drink!!!