The Jersey Shore Chapter’s Earth Day event, the “Rally on the Roof!” was a great success this year at the Asbury Festhalle & Biergarten. The Chapter raised over $3,300 to purchase beach badges for families in need in furtherance of their beach access campaign.
With hundreds in attendance, political and environmental speakers highlighted the afternoon. Speakers included Joyce Grant (environmentalist), Joe Woerner (former Chapter Chair), Amy Quinn (Deputy Mayor of Asbury Park), Margie Donlon and Brian Wilton (Candidates for Monmouth County Freeholder), Jen Lampert (Biergarten Owner and AP Women’s March Founder), Vin Gopal (Senate Candidate) and Andrew Chambarry (Chapter Co-Chair).
The Chapter also hosted environmentally friendly vendors, non-profits and liquor distributors during the day. Guests were able to shop, eat, drink and enjoy the beautiful weather on the roof – while learning about the different campaigns and programs that each group has to offer. Groups included:– Clean Ocean Action
– Clean Water Action
– COBRA: Citizens in Opposition to Beach Restrictive Access
– Friends & Citizens of Wesley Lake
– New Jersey Friends of Clearwater
– New Jersey Audubon
– NJ Council of Diving Clubs
– Shark River Cleanup Coalition– Lazy B Cigar Box Guitars
– Lewis Natural Landscapes
– Lovely Little Plants
– Rella Works
– Tripsy Shop
– Warmth Soy Candle Co.
– Wood Vibrations Restorations LLCThree lucky winners took home grand prizes: 8′ Kai foam board, 6’6″ Custom Takanassee Handshapes board and a 1960’s vintage American Western flyer bicycle.The Chapter plans to hold this event every year to celebrate the Earth and raise money for a great cause. Happy Earth Day!Facebook Photo Album: https://www.facebook.com/pg/SurfriderJSC/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1486404468060890